Sunday, October 3, 2010

Hello, fellow bloggers!

" I am a native New Yorker who never thought I would leave the City until graduate school at UC Davis turned me into an organic-gardening world traveler. 
I have lived in Peru for a summer and China for two years, and have traveled to more than 20 countries. 

I have evolved through several careers, from scientific researcher with NASA to International Training Administration with USAID to Technology Training and Development with Silicon Valley start-ups. The one recurring theme through all these stages has been education.  

I have always felt pulled between committing myself to the world of the Arts or the Sciences, but one of the great things about aging is that you get to see how everything is interconnected. I think one of the reasons I enjoy Media Psychology so much is that it straggles these two worlds, and forces me to use both sides of my brain.  

Outside of work and school, I love spending time with my photography, music, and film, and have resigned myself to being ruled by my rescued pets."